Welcome to Hand in Hand for Syria’s Press Room. This section of the site is aimed at journalists, photographers, designers and other members of the media interested in working with HIHS.
HIHS regards ‘speaking out’ about the plight of people caught in the Syrian crisis as a core part of our work. We therefore want to be as helpful as possible to journalists covering humanitarian and medical issues.
Guaranteeing anonymity to our volunteers is core to the function of our work. We will co-operate as fully as possible with journalists and broadcasters but ask that the identities of our spokespeople remain anonymous. We are happy to do the following:
- We can organise interviews with volunteer staff at the charity or with UK doctors who have worked at the Syrian borders or inside Syria
- Staff are able to discuss the work undertaken by HIHS as well as provide eye-witness reports on the issues faced by Syrian civilians and refugees
- We can provide photos and footage of the Syrian crisis from within the country and from refugees who have fled to Lebanon and Jordan
- We are happy to provide opinion pieces, comments and articles written by HIHS volunteers
Media visits to projects
- We can try to facilitate media visits to HIHS projects whenever possible (we cannot pay travel expenses for journalists or photographers).
- Because HIHS works in difficult and insecure environments, this will need discussion on a case-by-case basis as the security situation changes daily